Did you know that all Port Stephens Beachside Holiday Parks are dog friendly…… Obviously we don’t want to turn the place into a kennel but we do understand that some of you just can’t bare to leave your best friend at home, others may just shudder at the thought of Fido leaping around the car and dribbling all over the kids…. However you feel, it’s great to know you have a choice.
There are certain restrictions that we put in place to preserve the balance for all visitors. Dogs are only permitted at the park when you are staying in your own tent or van, so no matter how well behaved Fido is he won’t be allowed to stay in one of our cabins or villas……I know he can probably picture himself stretched out on the balcony while Mum & Dad enjoy cheese and a wine but I’m sure that Fido will enjoy his tent or van just as much as long as he’s with Mum and Dad!!
If you are wanting to book in with a pet here are the rules to follow that will keep everyone happy.
- Dogs are only allowed when staying in your own Van or Tent.
- Dogs are not permitted in the Park during peak periods – This is due to the large volumes of people and kids that are around the park during this time.
- No pets are allowed during NSW Holiday Periods (with the exception of April & July School Holidays – excluding Easter).
- Dogs need to have the approval of the Park Manager. – No dangerous breeds will be allowed at any time and approval will have to be given by the Park Manager so please advise of the breed and size of your dog when making your booking.
- Dogs need to be kept on a lead and under control at all times.
- Dogs are not permitted around the childrens play areas or in the pool area.
- All dogie dos are the responsibility of the owners and must be cleaned up immediately.
- Dogs are not to be left unattended in your van or tent at anytime.
- Dogs are to be vacinated, clean and free from fleas.
So if your best friend likes to swim in the water, run on the beach and sleep all day I’m sure he or she will have a perfect holiday in one of the Port Stephens Beachside Holiday Parks. If you would like some more information please give one the parks a ring and they will be happy to discuss your options.
*If you have a Companion or Guide Dog the rules are slightly different so you will need to phone the park directly and discuss your specific needs. All our properties have assisted living cabins that are fitted out to industry specs that will hopefully suit your needs.
Why not book your dog into the local kennels for his own little holiday? You can pick him up and take him with you for the day and return him at night to play with his holiday mates.
We recommend a local boarding kennels – Cubbins Nelson Bay Kennels – centrally located on Gan Gan Road in One Mile Beach. Tel: Tel: 02 4982 1182
Things to note
There are certain off lead and dog friendly parks in the area. For more information on these click here.
Need a Ranger? It’s also wise to take note of the various fines that can be issued to dog owners under the NSW local Government.
Phone: 02 4980 0373
Fax: 02 4987 3612
Hopefully you won’t need the services of a local vet but if you do here are some that are close to our parks.
Salamander Bay Vet – 168 Salamander Way – Salamander Bay – Ph: 4982 7492
Shoal Bay Veterinary Clinic – 121 Shoal Bay Road, Shoal Bay – Ph: 4981 2417